St Francis Xavier’s has a tradition of sound education spanning more than a century. It began in 1880 in Silver Row. The current building was opened on the Merchiston Avenue site in 1960 for an expanding population.
The school is a solid brick construction with the infant and administration areas in a single storey and the P3 to P7 rooms in a double storey. There are large playgrounds with further extensive grassed areas. The nursery is a custom built facility attached to the infant corridor.
There are 16 classes in total. In addition there is a library/computer suite, a general-purpose room and a music room.
There is a large hall and stage, which is used for P.E., drama, religious services, assemblies and lunch.
Click the link to view our latest HMI inspection report : HMI Inspection Report